. Sparta Area School District
Our role. AVS Group was hired to plan, design, and develop a new website for the Sparta Area School District. The District’s old website was becoming dated and was built on an increasingly hard-to-manage system. District staff wanted a website with a more modern look and feel and that would be easier to maintain.
The new, dramatically redesigned website includes a custom design that proudly displays the Spartan colors. It was designed to feel clean and uncluttered and to match a brochure AVS Group also developed for the District. The home page highlights key information in a variety of ways: a rotating image banner is used to recognize staff and promote other important information, a scrollable calendar features upcoming events, the two most recent blog posts are previewed, and visitors are given easy access to popular information through “quick links.”
Because the site contains a vast amount of information, it was also restructured to help visitors quickly find the information they’re looking for. Sections for district information, schools, parents & community, and staff resources are clearly labeled, and a site search and links in the footer were added. Contact information was placed prominently at the top of the site, along with a Google Translate feature that allows visitors to translate the site into their desired language. Finally, the District’s social media sites are linked prominently at the top right of the site, and in the footer on every page to encourage visitors to connect with the District on social media.
Key features include:
- A responsive design for easy viewing on mobile devices and tablets
- Eye-catching links to weather and school alerts, enrollment information, the district calendar, and flyers and activities
- “Quick Links” to help visitors quickly access popular information
- A new “Community Flyers” section where community members can submit flyers and events
- Site search for easy navigation
- Comprehensive Staff Resources section with information and links staff need, all in one easy-to-find place
- Robust staff directories with photos and contact information
- A district blog and links to social media accounts
The new website is easier to use, reflects the District’s diverse programs and services, and provides increased flexibility for future growth. It will greatly improve the website users’ experience as they search for information about the District’s schools and programs. And, since the site is built using a popular non-proprietary content management system, it will also be easy for staff to maintain and update.
Client Feedback: "AVS has become our 'go to' agency for advertising and marketing. They had previously created very professional videos and brochures for us, so we were confident that AVS would create a website that met our needs and expectations."
-John Hendricks, Superintendent